Friday, May 21, 2010

Big Sister's Big Day

In 25 hours my big sister, Kaitlin, will be walking down the aisle, saying her vows, getting kissed by her prince charming, dancing the night away, and then flying to Hawaii as Mrs. Harrison.
Kaitlin and Marcus have dated for 6 and a half years and let me just say that I absolutely love Marcus. Him and Kaitlin were made for each other and I'm so happy they found each other so early in life and have gotten to make so many great memories together before married life (and having lots of babies :) hehe).
But, as much as I love Marcus and as prepared as I should be, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't miss her being home with me, at least a little bit. If you know anything about mine and Kaitlin's relationship, you know that we have hardly ever fought. We have always gotten along really well...She always wanted to lead me, and I ALWAYS wanted to follow her. It has been a pretty sweet set-up. She has always been like a mother to me...I have went to her for almost every situation I needed advice for. She has been the best older sister anyone could ask for. We would sit up late every night and solve life's problems... and I'm going to miss that.
BUT, my selfishness for my sister ;) is far out shadowed by how happy I am for her and Marcus!! They have such a bright future ahead of them as a couple and I can't wait to play a part in it. I have been praying for them daily since they got engaged...that they would keep God their central focus and remember that He is the only reason they even get to experience the blessing of marriage. I have prayed that their love would be just as it's illustrated in the Bible: for Marcus to love her as Christ loves us--sacrificially and all-encompassing, and Kaitlin would love him with the kind of love Christ's followers have for Him--sacrificially and all-encompassing. They are going to make such a great team!

1 comment:

  1. i'll be thinking about you all tomorrow! what a special relationship you two have that i'm sure won't change one bit!!! :)

    come visit! and bring your momma with you!

    ReplyDelete